Do you want to write something for us? If you have an idea for a post that you’d like to write, head on over to the Contact Us tab and send an email pitching us your idea. If we like it (which will involve us reading it and probably texting each other “YEAH” and “LET’S DO IT” in extreme caps lock), we’ll email you back and say go for it! Once you’re finished, email us the post, and we’ll put it up on the blog for the world to see. And we will, of course, give credit where credit is due.
We only have a few guidelines, but they’re important, so pay attention:
- Be smart about submitting. If it’s not something you think would fit with our site, don’t submit it.
- Please make your pitch concise–less than 500 words, please.
- We reserve the right to edit posts for grammar and consistency, etc., etc.
- Submit a link to your blog and/or Twitter or however you wish to be linked; if you do not wish to be linked, at least provide us with your name so we can credit you properly.
- If we accept your pitch and you email us your post, submit it in either Word .doc/.docx or HTML format. No PDFs, please, they get tricky to copy over.
- Submit your images as separate files. We might need to resize them or make some minor adjustments, and it’s easier to do when you have the file handy.